A Dozen Ways to Increase Your Happiness
Being happy isn’t as hard as it appears to be at times. Below are listed a dozen things that will increase your sense of happiness and make your life more fulfilling.
- Social networks or relationships are essential to happiness. People are different, accept people for who or what they are, keep away from clashes, constant arguments, and let go of all kinds of resentments. If arguments seem inevitable still try and make an effort to understand the situation and you might just get along with well with.
- Being thankful is a great attitude. We have so much to be thankful for. Taking time to thank those who provide even the smallest thing will help you realize how abundant your life is.
- News is stressful. Get less of it.
- Being part of a spiritual group with its singing, sacraments, chanting, prayers and meditations encourages inner peace.
- Manage your time. Time is invaluable and too important to waste.
- Laugh and laugh vigorously everyday. Heard a good joke? Tell your friends or family about it. As they also say -‘Laughter is the best medicine’.
- Communicate your feelings, affections, friendship and passion to people around you.
- Try not to keep pent up anger of frustrations, this is bad for your health. Instead find ways of expressing them in a way that will not cause more injury or hurt to anyone.
- Working hard brings great personal contentment. It gives a sense of being capable in finishing our tasks. Work on things that you feel are valuable of your time.
- Learning is a joyful exercise. Try and learn something new each day. Learning also makes us increase our horizons.
- Run, jog, walk and do other things that your body was made for. Feel alive.
- Avoid exposure to negative elements like loud noises, toxins and hazardous places.